One Day atta Time

Step by step, towards Life herstory

Saturday, October 18, 2008

another Weekend

Posted by Sheezazrin |

Planned for a meet with an old college friend whom I havent met for almost 13 years, I think. We have agreed since a week ago. Adamant to make this date work thinking that more than 10 years of not meeting a friend whom I considered as one of my close friends is worth making it happen. We only manage to still keep in touch via phone though both of us have emails which is an alternative to making contact and both of us are living in the same state but we are simply too busy sorting our own lives and didnt make the effort to sit down over a cuppa coffee... ice-blended chocolate for me, pleaseeee.

We decided to meet in the afternoon so while waiting for the time to pass by I just logged in via my niece's computer to just penned a few lines of silliness.

Reminiscing to the time when we were taking a Post Graduate course in ITM. There were only 11 of us taking that course for which the other nine were guys majority from the Ministry of Armed forces. Imagined doing programming and what not. At the time Pascal and COBOL were the two programming subjects. Its a one year course and since we were a small group, we kinda became close-knitted group. Being the only 2 roses among the thorns, we got close and become fast friends. I remembered one project where we were required to do a programming on the game of TIC TAC TOE. My sense of logic using Pascal was terrible. I'd prefer COBOL any day compared to Pascal! Or maybe I was not cut to be a programmer at all..... I managed to get the TIC TAC TOE done but of coz.... shushhhh.....I cheated. So, dear nieces and nephews, PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT TO FOLLOW.

My friend is currently doing her Masters. I have to salute her for diligently continuing to study and advancing herself. As for me, I dont think my brain could endure further thinking than of the normal issues in life. Actually its more toward the spirit of where there's a will there's a way and I am just not willing.....

0 comments:

Subscribe