One Day atta Time

Step by step, towards Life herstory

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Starting Life at 40? Not...

Posted by Sheezazrin |



19 January 1968 that's the magical day. And 1.13 am was the magical time. I was not a beautiful child but bearable.... I hope or rather that's what I thought. Just the other day, I was told by my niece, Eeiinn that I looked ugly during my younger years i.e. referring to the old pictures in the old albums that were kept by Ba all those years. I have to agree in some of the pictures I do looked un-pretty (but at some point of time I thought I looked at least a little bit of prettiness...sheeshhh).

I wanted to give myself something for my 40th Birthday (hey, it's an even number!) so I came up with this blogging thingy. Whether I have the ability to write a good one or not, or being able to discipline myself to write whenever possible coz I know I can't promise to write on a daily basis.... I just dont have that kinda strong will in me.Anyways, it's just gonna be mine and mine only to read, maybe when I am 50 I will have this to be reminded of on the events that happenned years before 2018. Sheeshh....that's a wee bit depressing now....

What did I plan for my Birthday?
The plan was to buy myself a cake. Pathetic? Naaa.... I deserve it.
Moist chocolate cake was in the top list but after thinking it over, hey..why buy a whole cake? Buy them in cut pieces so that I can even have cheese cake as well or maybe some other kinda cake that will call out to me when I go into the Bakery shop! Secret Recipe was the choice...

What I did on my Birthday?
Send Arif, Shasha and Syaza to school (mind you, twas Saturday - it was a school day to replace future longer festivity holidays i.e. the upcoming festival is Chinese New Year).
Back home, sat in front of the desktop, as usual.... letting time went by without doing anything beneficial. Chatted with Abu, beneficial time enough in my book! Then I managed to slot in cooking the veggies....I have always left the kitchen to Mak coz I know I never will be able to cook up to her standard but still edible if out of hunger, mine of coz. I donno when will I be able to take care of Mak instead of the other way round....sigh..... another story, that!
Came 12.45pm, time for me to put on my chauffer's cap and went to pick Aya and A'er for their afternoon shift of school. Sheeshh, the road leading to the school was already packed with cars and the only parking I could fins was the end of the road almost a 3 minutes walk - that's considered a Long walk in a Hot sun. Waited for the 3 to come out of school, under a skinny tree to get some shades and shy away from the blarring sun.


Mak, Arif and myself had an afternoon nap after lunch. And decided to do some grocery shopping and stuffs (including the variety of cakes) at Giant after Maghrib. Shopping done and were already on the way back....."MY CAKES!!!!"....totally forgotten about them.... we just went straight out to the parking lot and drove off. I'll be drooling in my sleep now dreaming of chocolate cake and cheese cake and carrot cake and marble cake..... I am losing my marbles now....


0 comments:

Subscribe