One Day atta Time

Step by step, towards Life herstory

Saturday, August 22, 2009

The Starting.......

Posted by Sheezazrin |

After coming back to KL, I went straight into the room to see Mak. Cik Tan, Cik Chum, Cik Ma were all in the room sitting and talking after lunch. Cik Pah was there as well. I was told earlier that she has brought an old photo of her and Mak. She said the day she showed it to Mak, Mak would not want to let go of the picture.... maybe the pic did trigger some memories in her mind though she is unable to express it in words but we can sometimes see it in her eyes..

I asked Cik Pah whether I can see the picture and I am fortunate that she still had it in her handbag. The picture showed Mak and Cik Pah in the photo studio. Both were so so so young. When I looked at the back of the picture there was a date stamped behind it. It was 25th December 1955! Wow...Mak was 16 when the picture was taken. She was beautiful and still is even with the current state she is now.
I will be posting the picture once I scan it (Guys..will you get the scanner working!)
to be continued.......
It has been a few days later that this is continued.....
By the way, I did have the picture scanned at the office. I think I would be growing beard first if I wait for the scanner at home to work!
The story continues with Cik Pah would be telling that whenever they go see a movie, they will come back and took pictures at the photo studio, hence all the old pictures were in studios and of course black and white.
Then Cik Pah reminisced about how at one time Mak cooked lunch and have the food ready on the table and when time to eat, all the food was not to be found. Later someone found dirty plates and pots near some paddy field. It must be that Mak is a great cook. Frankly speaking, she is... she doesnt need all those extra MSG to make the food delicious. Its just her technique of seasoning the food and of coz plus her "air tangan" that makes her cooking so yummylicious.
Then Cik Chum joined in to reminisced about how Ba had never seen Mak before they were married. Ba was told that Mak was at the house behind Tok Tam's house in Alor Merah. So Ba brought along a shotgun to shoot the birds near the house where Mak stayed. Though I didnt get the story's conclusion whether Ba did see Mak or not for the first time that day.....

1 comments:

sairisya said...

err translate? haha. mcm hanging-hangout je. haha ape tuu.

Subscribe